Hey there 😊 I'm so glad you are here!
You're longing for a magical Hawai'i vacation. That's crystal clear. But do you also want to give back to Hawai'i?
What does that mean? "Giving back" to Hawai'i?
It means that we treat Hawai'i and its residents with great respect, care and curiosity. It means that we're aware that we're visitors and appreciate the hospitality we experience. It means contributing to taking care of the precious, sacred land and being gentle with plants and animals.
The Ultimate Hawai'i Travel Guide is a list that consists of over 15 resources that promote and encourage sustainable, responsible traveling by emphasizing the importance of an emotional connection with the Hawaiian Islands. By gaining knowledge about Hawai'i we can create a holistic view and, hence, wholesome travel experience. Everything I ever published about Hawai'i is gathered here. Bookmark this page!
1. Virtual Hawai'i Geology + Volcano Experience
This is a 3.5-hours online course for value-oriented travelers who want to create a memorable and meaningful Hawai'i experience.
You get access to a video course that illustrates the marvelous story of relentless destruction and fiery creation only geology and volcanoes can tell, incl. a brief geographical introduction of the islands.
2. The MĀLAMA (care for) Hawai'i Pre-Travel Course
This is a free online class where you'll learn about the Hawaiian culture, mythology, history and language.
Click on the image to find out more.
3. The Science of Travel Blog
- Article: Evolution in Hawai‘i: How plants and animals reached the Hawaiian Archipelago
- Article: Hawaii: Virtual Geology + Volcano Experience incl. free access
- Article: Hawai'i Planning Guide: 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- Article: How Hawai'i Travelers Can Be More Responsible and Respectful
- Article: What No One Tells You About Your Hawai'i Vacation (The Superficiality Fallacy)
- Article: Snow in Hawai'i – here's what you need to know
- Article: A brief story of the formation of Lehua Island off Ni'ihau
- Download: Sustainable Travel Checklist: 10 Tips For Travelling More Sustainably And Maximizing Your Positive Impact (incl. free download)
4. Partnership Websites
- LoveBigIsland: Carefully curated website packed with honest and authentic advice from two Big Island locals, Gerrit and Joey. Start by signing up for their free trip planning email course.
5. Sustainable Travel Checklist
Get this checklist that has been downloaded over 200 times.
I hope this guide has been helpful to you!
Remember to bookmark this site so you can always come back.
Be kind and love nature,
PS: Make an investment at EarthyUniversity: Enroll for the Hawaiian Islands: Island & Landscape Formation and Nature online course. It helps you create a wholesome Hawai'i vacation with lasting memories and deep relationships (there is a free trial available, see above).
About the author
Daniela is convinced that by gaining deep insights into planet Earth and travel destinations you’ll create meaningful, grounding and memorable life and travel experiences. She explains fundamental geological processes that form and shape landscapes and combines these insights with philosophical and philanthropical views in her online courses, articles, newsletter. She holds two bachelor's degrees in geosciences (B.Sc.) and business administration with tourism (B.A.). She is the owner and founder of EarthyMe, EarthyUniversity and the Science of Travel blog and the Stories of Earth newsletter.