Hey there 😊 I'm so glad you are here!
If you're longing for a magical Hawai'i vacation that gives back to Hawai'i, you've found a great resource here! I suggest bookmarking this site so you can come back any time and continue browsing through this selection of valuable resources.
The Ultimate Hawai'i Travel Guide is a list that consists of over 15 resources that promote and encourage more sustainable, responsible travelling by emphasizing the importance of an emotional connection with the Hawaiian Islands. By gaining knowledge about Hawai'i we can create a holistic view and, hence, wholesome travel experience.
The MĀLAMA (care for) Hawai'i Pre-Travel Course
This is a free online class where you'll learn about the Hawaiian culture, mythology, history and language.
Click on the image to find out more.
The Science of Travel Blog & Podcast
- Hawai'i Planning Guide: 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- How Hawai'i Travelers Can Be More Responsible and Respectful
- What No One Tells You About Your Hawai'i Vacation (The Superficiality Fallacy)
- Audio: Hawai'i Is Not An Amusement Park
- Download: Sustainable Travel Checklist: 10 Tips For Travelling More Sustainably And Maximizing Your Positive Impact (incl. free download)
- Audio: Hawaiian History In A Coconut Shell
- Audio: 9 Hawaiian Words and Phrases You Should Know
- Audio: The Hawaiian Language - Or: How Only 13 Letters Can Sound So Beautiful
- Audio: A 5-minute Intro to Hawaiian Mythology
- Audio: Beyond Clichés: Lū’aus, Hula, Surfing And Other Aspects Of Hawaiian Life
- Audio: How Hawaiian Life Changed After The Arrival Of Settlers
- Audio: A Conversation With The Hawai'i Local Shestin
Inspiring Instagram Posts @EarthyUniversity
- The sound of walking on Mauna Kea lava rocks & Fun Fact About The World's Highest Mountain (hint: it's not Mount Everest)
- Image Of Beautiful Sunset In Kona on the Big Island & Why Sunsets Are Red
- Fun Fact About The Beautiful Hawaiian Hibiscus
- Nā Pali Coast Thoughts
- Kīlauea Halema'uma'u Crater glow from November 2013
- How to care for Hawai'i
- The meaning of Aloha
- The meaning of 'āina
- Google Earth video of the entire Hawaiian Island chain
I really hope this guide has been helpful to you!
Remember to bookmark this site so you can always come back.
Be kind and love nature,
PS: Not free but only available at EarthyUniversity is the Hawaiian Islands: Island & Landscape Formation and Nature online course. It helps to create an even more wholesome Hawai'i vacation with lasting memories and deep relationships.